Sidebar_dates

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
Schwartz

Sidebar_dates

Beitrag von Schwartz »

I intend to use the plugin : sidebar_dates.
I have a testsite where I have put the sidebar in an iframe.
http://www.john-schwartz.dk/admidio-events.html

I have some questions here :

No matter what I set in the config file regarding the : $plg_dates_show_preview = 80;
then it shows the same. I have tried with the standard 70, 170 and 80 and in all three situations the amount of text shown is exactly the same.

A second thing.
I expected that when I clicked on the headline of an event, that I would be directed to the event - and this is also what happens.
I also expected that when I clicked on "mere" ( more in English ) that the line would expand to the full description of the event - but this is NOT what happens. What happens is, that I am directed to the event - the same that if You clicks on the event title.

Hope someone can tell me what I have done wrong or misunderstood.
Kind regards
Schwartz

PS I hope You will in future give some more possibilities in the config, as displaying events in a sidebar or as standalone ( for mobile devices ) is a good way to present events/dates.
I have an example here : http://www.brammingegnsmuseum.dk
fasse
Administrator

Re: Sidebar_dates

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Schwartz,

I have tested the preference $plg_dates_show_preview and it works as expected. If the value is 30 than only 30 characters of the description are shown.

The link more will show the complete event. We don't have implement the feature to show the complete text. This could be something for future versions.

Fasse
Schwartz

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Hello Fasse

Sorry for my late reply.

You are right ( of course ) - I don't know what happened but the text-length functions OK.

It seems that You strip all html when displaying the event, and then it is not possible to have a clickable link shown - and no images and so.
I am looking for a way to show an event in a "nice" way, and with links and images - and nothing else.
I could use the "normal" view in an iframe, but in here, there is all the functionality. ( menu, different views, participation and so ).

Is there an rather easy way to "disable" the functionality ( maybe keep the participation line that "belongs" to the event ) , and only show the events in a predefined view ?

Kind regards
Schwartz

PS Why do You strip the HTML and not just show the event as it is ?
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Schwarz,

I have created a new version of sidebar_dates where you can set the new preference $plgShowFullDescription. If you set this to 1 than the full content of the description will be shown.

Please test this feature if it fit to your needs.

Best regards
Fasse
Dateianhänge
sidebar_dates.zip
(9.07 KiB) 228-mal heruntergeladen
Schwartz

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Hello fasse

Great - super - grossartig - strålende !!!

It is now more useable for me.
But the most useful is, that it seems that You have made it NOT strip HTML anymore, when using the 1-parameter.
Now You can use bold, italic, images and links in the sidebar.
AND most important - the user can himself choose if he wants the full text to be shown - or - in case the event descriptions is long texts, the user can choose only to show xxx amount of words from the text.

QUESTION : Would it be possible to have two ( or more ) displays ? If You had more display and config files and You in the display files changed the : require_once(PLUGIN_PATH. '/'.$plugin_folder.'/config.php');
and the : $plugin_file_pos = strpos(__FILE__, 'sidebar_dates.php');
to the corresponding names ?
OR could this mess some things up ?

Kind regards and a big - Thank You
Schwartz

PS looking forward to 3.3, and that some things/issues from the future ( waiting list/mail-invitaton) will be baptised with a number.
PPS Have definetively decided to use ADMIDIO for our wineclub, but will still test some more before I set it in production :P
Antworten