Former Members during a period, not quite working as expected

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
RVice

Former Members during a period, not quite working as expected

Beitrag von RVice »

This may be a 101 type question or something that may actually be a feature request. Here's the scenario.

In 2019, we had a "Member" that did not continue paying their dues. As a result on 12/31/2019, the members Roles were removed. This does put the person into the "Former Member" checkbox when looking at the "Members" list. However, when using the "Periods" it seems to ignore that. For example:

If I set the Period from 1/1/2019 through 12/31/2019, I would not expect to see this person as a "former member". If I put 1/1/2020 - 12/31/2020, I would expect to see them as this is the first period after.

Now comes what may be a feature request.

When I set the period to 1/1/2021-12/31/2021, I would like to not see that former member in that period. The request here is to only see "former members" that transitioned to this state during the period.

I tried "Groups" and selecting "Former Members" but that gives all and not a subset. Additionally, I have multiple categories. For instance, we have an Applicant Group that then gets upgraded to a Member Group. If we had an Applicant fall off our list, it's no different than an Applicant moving to a Member.

Part of this is to report to our board of directors when former members have dropped off and if they possibly return what would the penalties be.

A nice report would be a year over year report of "former members" with detail of who we lost during those years.
fasse
Administrator

Re: Former Members during a period, not quite working as expected

Beitrag von fasse »

That's a very special scenario that you described. If you are only member until 31.12.2019 than you are a former member in all periods after that. Thats the definition of Admidio now.

In your case it will only be a former member if I select the next day after the last members day.

1.1.2020-xxxx = former member
2.1.2020-xxxx = not member and not former member because it's not the period after the last day.
RVice

Re: Former Members during a period, not quite working as expected

Beitrag von RVice »

I see, then my request is pretty complicated, but could be very useful in board reporting.

The reason it's complicated, we have a "Life Member" category after a member has been with the organization for a number of years (20 in this example). That means, they will no longer be a "Member" (here comes the mix with the "Membership Fees" plugin) and will be a "Life Member"

In this specific scenario, I would not expect to see the "Life Member" in the "former Member" results.

My only solution for this, is to run the Category Report, then use the "Former Members" with a vlookup in a spreadsheet to see if they are part of the Category Report. Those that are not in the Category Report (across all Groups) are then realistically "Former Members"

Another solution, but I think is really ugly given the "show former members" checkbox. Is to create another Group called "Former Members" in that case I would have the start dates of former membership. Just becomes more housekeeping if someone comes back, but would be easy to catch in the Category Report.
Antworten