Semi-registered user participation

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
Schwartz

Semi-registered user participation

Beitrag von Schwartz »

It would be nice to have a possibility to allow an event for participation for semi-registered users ( not yet confirmed users )

You have an event that is "public", but You want to know who/how many that will come to the event.
It could be a premiere in a little cinema or theater or a vernissage at a museum or a gallery.
You pre-book for some members and others will have to register and book themselves.
You want to know how many will be present because of a limited number of seats and/or You want to have food/drinks for the people - not too much and not too little.

You have a display where You tell about the event, and You have a clickable link that directs to the event in admidio :

Could be : http://www.bramminginfo.dk/admidio/adm_ ... articipate]

The user clicks on the link and if the user is already in the system, then he is presented for a login and when he is logged in he is then on the event the link directed to. If he was already logged in, he is directly on the event.

But a public user ( that is not in the system ) is presented for the login. He can here choose register and then he is semi registered - but he cannot participate in the event before the admin accepts him.

It is OK that not all can just participate without any acceptance, but my suggestion is, that when an eventowner has marked an event for "public" participation the following should happen :

When a user comes from a link to an event, he is met with the logon.
He can then choose to register.
When his registration is accepted he is participating the event and the participation is marked with the date and time.
He is told " An email is sent to Your email address - You have to answer ( YES / NO ) within two hours, or else Your participation can be cancelled "
An email is sent to the address the user has put in. The email is the same as what is described in the "Automatic participation via mail" - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7319
And if the user clicks Yes or NO in the mail the status is changed from "tentative" to "yes" or "no" AND the date-time stamp is removed

This will do, that if the one that should accept users is not present for long time, a new user can participate anyway - but the user cannot enter the system ( as today ) before he is accepted.
And there is a check on the user, that at least he has given the correct email address, or else his participation will only be active for two hours - It will prevent some participation-spamming.

The 2 hours could be configurable for the eventowner 0=no public participation
1-9 number of hours the participation can be pending.

When a user ( whatever user or procedure it is ) "enters" the event for a reason, then there is a check if present time is more than 2 hours from the timestamp AND if status (still ) is tentative, then the participation is removed/deleted. The check if someone has to be removed could also be performed via a cronjob, but the best is to avoid cronjob. A disadvantage is, that in many cases this would be an unnecessary check ( lost milliseconds ) - an advantage is, that the participation is only removed when it is needed. The time-dependent participation could be there in 4 hours, and THEN when a user enters the event for participation then it is removed.

If an admin rejects someones membership, the participation is also removed.

This should keep the present behaviour for new users, and security and so, is maintained.

I suppose that coming from a link, means that the event is known ( when logging in ) , as it seems to be working as the program is by now.
Hope my explanation is OK to describe what it is meant for. There is not much "new" in this, but I know it will need the "automatic participation by mail" also to be made.
fasse
Administrator

Re: Semi-registered user participation

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Schwarz,

I understand your feature request and it sounds useful but this would be much work.

I think this will not be in our focus for the next years. We had to do some other things before we can implement something like this.

Regards
Fasse
Schwartz

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Okay - I will try with a simple version.

You make a link in another system ( a calendar or a website ) or in a mail You send to possible participants. The link is to an event that allows participation. Nothing new in this.

Some of the recievers of the message or mail is already members of the ADMIDIO-system and others are not.

Already members : The user clicks the link, and is presented for the logon. The user logs in, and is now on the event, and he can click on participation to participate. This is already possible.

Not member : The user clicks the link, and is presented for the logon. The user cannot login as he is not member. He can then click " I want to register" / "Registrirung".
He fills in the requested fields and then ***** new begin ***** he can in the bottom of the register form see a new line :
"Der er vinsmagning - this is a description of an event" - want to participate and a button "PARTICIPATE", and when he clicks he is participating the event. ***** new ended ******
The user is now registered as today, but can not login ( as today ) before he is accepted by an admin, but he is participating the event ( this is new ) and when he is accepted he can edit his participation ( as today ).

The key in this, is that a link can direct to a specific event, and this is remembered when logging in / registered. The eventline the user sees when registering is this specific event coming from the link.

This could be a start, and if no one else has further needs, then it could be the solution.

Kind regards
Schwartz
Schwartz

Beitrag von Schwartz »

I forgot :

If an event is NOT checked for "public participation allowed" - then the system acts exactly as it does today - no extra line shown, and no participation can take place.

If an event is checked for " public participation allowed" - then the extra line with the eventparticipation is shown.

Kind regards
Schwartz
Antworten